SR 03-04 Dated 01/03
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Family Assistance (DFA) administers public assistance programs in accordance with state law and federal laws and regulations. This manual contains the official DFA policy governing the administration of the following categories and programs:
• Old Age Assistance (OAA) - financial and medical assistance,
• Aid to the Needy Blind (ANB) - financial and medical assistance,
• Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled (APTD) - financial and medical assistance,
• Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) - medical assistance,
• Qualified Disabled and Working Individuals (QDWI) - medical assistance, and
• Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB, and SLMB135 *) - medical assistance.
DFA also administers financial and medical assistance and employment and training programs for families with dependent children, a Child Care Program, and the Food Stamp Program. Policy governing these programs is contained in the Family Assistance Manual and the Food Stamp Manual, respectively. Information on the purpose and instructions for completion of forms referred to in this manual are contained in the DFA Forms Manual.