The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Family Assistance (DFA), administers public assistance programs in accordance with state law and federal laws and regulations. This manual contains the official DFA policy governing the administration of the following categories and programs:
• Financial Assistance to Needy Families (FANF) - financial and medical assistance and employment and training support services;
• *Children’s Medicaid - medical assistance for children under age 19;
• Medicaid - medical assistance for families, pregnant women of any age, and individuals age 19 and older;
• NH Child Care Scholarship - financial reimbursement assistance for families requiring child care due to participation in employment, training, or educational activities; and
• Emergency Assistance - financial assistance and services for families experiencing a crisis.
DFA administers other programs providing:
• financial and medical assistance for the elderly, blind, and disabled; and
• Food Stamp benefits.
Policy governing these programs is contained in the Adult Assistance Manual and in the Food Stamp Manual, respectively. Information on the purpose and instructions for completion of forms referred to in this manual are contained in the DFA Forms Manual.