We envision a society in which alcohol and drug problems are recognized as a public health issues that is both preventable and treatable.
We envision a society in which high-quality services for prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug problems are widely available and where prevention and treatment are recognized as specialized fields of expertise.
We envision a society in which people with a history of alcohol or drug problems, people in recovery, and people at risk for these problems are valued and treated with dignity and where stigma, prejudice, discrimination, and other barriers to prevention and recovery are eliminated.
The Commission was created by the NH Legislature in the year 2000 and revised in 2014. Its duties include:
- Developing and revising, as necessary, a statewide plan for the effective prevention of alcohol and drug abuse, particularly among youth; and a comprehensive system of treatment and recovery services for individuals and families affected by alcohol and drug abuse;
- Promoting collaboration between and among state agencies and communities to foster the development of effective community-based alcohol and drug abuse prevention programs;
- Promoting the development of treatment services to meet the needs of citizens addicted to alcohol or other drugs;
- Identifying unmet needs the resources required to reduce the incidence of alcohol and drug abuse in NH and to make recommendations to the Governor regarding legislation and funding to address such needs; and
- Authorizing the disbursement of moneys from the alcohol abuse and prevention and treatment fund, pursuant to RSA 176-A:1, III.
The following task forces assist the Commission in the performance of its duties:
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
The Chairperson may create additional task forces as needed.
The Governor's Commission on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention, Intervention, Treatment and Recovery are pleased to share the Commission's Annual Report to the Governor and Legislature. The report summarizes the successes, challenges, priorities and recommendations of the Commission for SFY 2013 relative to its new five-year strategic plan.
The Prevention Task Force of the NH Governor's Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse release of the Model School Policy Report. This publication will provide guidance to New Hampshire schools on developing model policies to address alcohol and other drug use.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Policy Recommendations for Schools
- NH School Alcohol and Drug Policy Survey Summary Report
- Call to Action: Responding to New Hampshire's Prescription Drug Abuse
- 2013 State Plan: Collective Action-Collective Impact
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.