In the News...
- Anyone. Anytime: In response to the opioid crisis in New Hampshire, the state has created the campaign "Anyone. Anytime." to educate the public and professionals about addiction, emergency overdose medications, and support services for anyone experiencing opioid addiction. This campaign is designed to help anyone affected by this crisis, including: people experiencing addiction, parents, family and friends of those experiencing addiction and health care, safety, and other system staff working with people who may be experiencing addiction.
- October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month: Every day, millions of American families, friends, teachers, and community organizations work to ensure children have access to the support and resources needed to help prevent substance abuse. As we mark National Substance Abuse Prevention Month, we come together to acknowledge the role every person can play in preventing substance abuse and recommit to fostering a culture where all our people can live up to their fullest potential.
- Red Ribbon Week: Every year, during the last full week of October, young people from across the nation participate in Red Ribbon Week, a celebration of their commitment to stay drug free! Find out how your school or youth group can participate and share your success with everyone!
- NH launches the Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Locator Website
- Help Prevent Underage Drinking Learn more by watching a new video that shares ways to start the conversation with our youth.
- WMUR Monthly Checkup: Drug Addiction's Effect on Public Health in NH
Whether you are seeking information or services for yourself or someone you know, we hope you will find this Web page useful and informative.
We envision a society that supports the physical, mental, and social well-being of all individuals, families and communities, free from negative effects of alcohol and other drugs.
To join individuals, families and communities in reducing alcohol and other drug problems thereby increasing opportunities for citizens to achieve health and independence.
The Governor's Commission on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention, Intervention and Treatment are pleased to share the Commission's Annual Report to the Governor and Legislature, which was submitted on November 1st. The Report captures areas of success and challenge in the
implementation of the Plan for the State on Alcohol and Other Drugs, and details strategies the Commission hopes to engage state leaders and
community stakeholders in over the coming year.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Adobe Flash format. You can download a free player from Adobe.