Recovery Support Services
Through the Recovery Support Strategic Initiative, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has delineated 4 major dimensions that support a life in recovery:
- Health - Overcoming or managing one's disease(s) or symptoms and making informed, healthy choices that support physical and emotional well-being.
- Home - A stable and safe place to live.
- Purpose - Meaningful daily activities and the independence, income and resources to participate in society.
- Community - Relationships and social networks that provide support, friendship, love, and hope.
For further detailed information about the new working recovery definition or the guiding principles of recovery please visit www.samhsa.gov/recovery/.
NH Recovery Resources
- Families Sharing Without Shame
- Family Support Groups for Substance Use Issues
- Hope for Recovery NH
- NH Alcoholics Anonymous
- NH Narcotics Anonymous
- NH Al-Anon
- Safe Harbor Recovery Center
National Recovery Resources