No-cost training opportunities offered through the NH Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services (BDAS):
- Initial Training on Addiction-This 6-hour, introductory workshop on addiction is designed to raise awareness and understanding of the dynamics and impact of addiction on the people whom we serve. It will cover the neurological basis of addiction; mental, behavioral, emotional and spiritual dimensions; stages of change; recovery; motivational techniques and resources.
- Families and Addiction-This 3.5-hour workshop explores how the addiction of the individual affects the entire family system. Special attention will be paid to the effects on the children in the family and discussion will center around strategies and resources to help increase their resiliency and coping skills.
**It is strongly recommended that participants complete the Initial Training on Addiction prior to taking Families and Addiction.** Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Certified Prevention Specialist, and Social Worker CEU's are available at no cost for both workshops.
Scheduled dates for 2013
All 2013 workshops are FULL. Our 2014 schedule will be out in October. We offer custom workshops and can bring these workshops to your agency. Please contact Shannon Quinn at AODTrainingCoordinator@dhhs.state.nh.us, (603) 271-5889, or toll free at (800) 852-3345, ext. 5889 for more information.
- 2013 Training Schedule
**Each date indicates a separate, stand-alone workshop**
- Initial Training on Addiction & Recovery: 2/13, 5/15, 8/14, 11/13
- Families and Addiction: 2/14, 5/16, 8/15, 11/14
**Workshops are located at the Fox Memorial Chapel, 105 Pleasant Street, Main Bldg, Floor 2.5, Concord, NH 03301
To register for a scheduled training or to discuss a customized training, contact Shannon Quinn at AODTrainingCoordinator@dhhs.state.nh.us, (603) 271-5889, or toll free at (800) 852-3345, ext. 5889.
Professional Training for AOD Service Professionals and Related Fields
Through a contract with the NH Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors Association (NHADACA), the NH Training Institute on Addictive Disorders (NHTIAD) provides monthly training events. Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor,Certified Prevention Specialist, Social Worker and Mental Health CEUs are available for the trainings.
For further information contact:
25 Country Club Road, Suite 604
Gilford, NH 03249
Telephone: (603) 528-6800
Fax: (603) 528-2105
Dianne Pepin, Director
Kimberly Hyslop, Administrative Assistant
Training for Contracted Providers
The NH Center for Excellence (CfEx) is a resource center for best practices in alcohol and drug services in New Hampshire. CfEx provides practitioners and providers with tools, resources, training information, and data to support their practices. CfEx is an initiative of the NH Department of Health and Human Services' Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services and is funded in part by the US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the NH Governor's Commission on Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention, Intervention and Treatment, and the NH Charitable Foundation.
Regional Training Resources
- New England Institute on Addiction Studies sponsors prevention and treatment summer schools as well as a school of best practices.
- New England Addiction Technology Transfer at Brown University offers online courses.
- Northeast Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies
- Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester Training Insights
- Rhode Island Drug & Alcohol Treatment Assoc. (DATA)
- Vermont Center for Health & Learning
- Connecticut Statewide Training Calendar
- CADCA online courses for coalition work and community problem solving
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.