Medicaid Infrastructure Grant for Comprehensive
"Working to Improve Employment for People with Disabilities"
The mission of the Granite State Employment Project is to improve the employment for people with disabilities in New Hampshire by establishing two pilot demonstration models that will create leadership, collaboration with the community, outreach to employers, businesses, and school systems, build capacity for training and staff development, and support the information technology and employment database needs of the projects.
Overall Project Objectives – To develop an employment system that:
- Meets the employment needs and desires of the persons with disabilities;
- Increases individual's income, independence, and personal responsibility;
- Provides services in a cost effective way; and
- Builds community
About the MIG CEO
The Medicaid Infrastructure Grant (MIG) awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has been awarded to approximately 30 states across the country and is the source of funding for NH Granite State Employment Project. This 11-year initiative, which New Hampshire began in 2001, is to create the infrastructure needed to help support competitive employment opportunities for people with disabilities by addressing barriers to employment, access to health care services, and integrate the linkages between Medicaid and other employment-related service agencies that will lead to statewide comprehensive employment opportunities (CEO) systems changes.
Granite State Employment Project Organizational Structure
- MIG Leadership Council:
- Governor's Task Force for Employment & Economic Opportunities.
- MIG State Project Team:
- Members consist of four agencies: NH Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, NH Employment Security, NH Department of Education, DHHS/Bureau of Behavioral Health, and Bureau of Developmental Services.
- MIG State Steering Committee:
- Membership includes individuals and families with disabilities, local and state organizations, advocacy groups, and universities.
- If you are interested in joining the State Steering Committee, contact Denise Sleeper at (603) 271-5161 or (800) 852-3345 Ext. 5161 or email@example.com
State and Lead Agency Project Information
Executive Summaries & Strategic Regional Plans
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.