All family support services are provided through 10 area agencies located throughout NH. These agencies are committed to strengthening and supporting families within the context of their lives and within their own communities.
- Recreational opportunities,
- Parent to parent support,
- Respite services,
- Assistance in accessing home modifications or adaptive equipment,
- Information and referral,
- Assistance with planning for transition from early supports and services to school to adult services; and
- Help with applying for state and federal benefits.
Each local region has established a Regional Family Support Council consisting of members who have a family member receiving services from an area agency. The Family Support Council provides advice and oversight to the area agency in the development of family support plans. Each area agency also has a family support coordinator and other family support staff to assist families to acquire supports and services.
Family Support has proven to be a cost effective program that is designed to keep families intact and prevent or delay the need for more intensive and costly services and supports.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.