The Pre-Admission Screening Resident Review (PASRR) unit determines whether or not an individual who has an active diagnosis of Mental Illness (MI) or Intellectual/Developmental Disability (ID/DD) meets the criteria for admission to a nursing facility and may require specialized services. PASRR is required for all persons seeking admission to Medicaid certified nursing facilities, regardless of whether their stay at the nursing facility will be paid for by Medicaid, Medicare or with other resources. No individual shall be admitted to a Medicaid certified nursing facility without a completed PASRR screen.
What is needed to make a referral for application?
The current PASRR referral form must be completed to initiate the review process.
When the individual will be screened as a Categorical Group Determination, the following documentation must be submitted:
- History & Physical
- Psychiatric Evaluation (MI individuals only)
- Detailed Social History (ID/DD individuals only)
- IQ Testing if available (ID/DD individuals only)
When the individual will be requiring long-term care, the following documentation must also be submitted:
- History & Physical
- Comprehensive Medication History
- Neurological Assessment
- Any Specialty Evaluations
- Discharge Summary
- Two current weeks of nursing and/or MD notes
- Mental Health Assessment (MI Individuals Only)
- Psychiatric Consultation (MI Individuals Only)
- Psychometric/IQ Testing (ID/DD Individuals Only)
- Detailed Social History (ID/DD Individuals Only)
- IEP, ISP or Area Agency plan and personal profile
Where to Apply
Bureau of Developmental Services
105 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 271-5033
Fax: (603) 271-5051
How Eligibility Is Determined
Once all the required documentation is received, the information is reviewed within 9 business days and the referring agent and accepting nursing facility will be notified of the determination.
Questions about the PASRR process or requests for further information may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Voice messages can be left at (603) 271-5033. PASRR will make every attempt to provide timely response to all inquiries.
- Individual Change of Status Form
- Notice to Individuals
- PASRR Level I Screening
- Non-Medicaid Referral Form
- PASRR Significant Change
- He-M 1302
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.