Children and their families are eligible for services when a child has a diagnosis or is at risk for chronic illness.
Eligibility for Children with Special Health Care Needs:
- The applicant shall have a chronic medical condition. (as defined in He-M 520.01(h));
- The applicant shall be under the age of 21;
- The applicant or his or her parent or guardian shall be a United States citizen or legal resident alien; and
- The applicant for services shall be a permanent resident of the state of New Hampshire.
- The length of residency in the state of New Hampshire shall not be an eligibility factor. Applicants arriving in the state for special treatment, or who have residency in another state shall not be considered a resident of NH;
- Financial assistance is based on the Household Income and Resources.
- Resources must be below $10,000.00
- Assistance is for health related costs when all other means have been exhausted and must be related to the applicants qualifying diagnosis.