New Hampshire Hospital (NHH) provides comprehensive compassionate inpatient psychiatric services to people in need of services in the state of New Hampshire.
The Hospital is a state operated, publicly funded hospital providing a range of specialized psychiatric services. NHH advocates for and provides services that support an individual's recovery.
NHH provides acute treatment services for children, adolescents, adults and elders with severe mental illness.
Most people are admitted to NHH on an involuntary basis because they have been found to be dangerous to themselves or others. A few people are admitted voluntarily for the same reasons. NHH works closely with the community mental health center system.
Respecting the recovery process of those who come to us for care, we value:
- Comprehensive, holistic approaches to patient care
- Least restrictive means of care
- An environment that promotes self-esteem
- Respect, privacy and dignity resulting in a safe, attractive, supportive physical environment
- Non-judgmental care
- Embracing the principles of recovery as a means to wellness
- Instill hope
As communication is key to all we do, we value:
- Identifying and providing needed information to patients, families, staff and others
- Using appropriate technology to maximize information exchange
- Holding precious the privacy needed by our patients and the confidentiality demanded in our work
To enhance long term stabilization and support, we value:
- Partnerships with patients that promote informed decision making and maximize independence
- Care delivered in partnership with families
- An integrated continuum of care with smooth transitions between hospital and community
- Collaborating with public and private community providers within and outside of the Behavioral Healthcare System
To promote service excellence, within an environment of limited resources, we value:
- Provision of excellent and efficient care in the most cost effective manner
- High standards of business and clinical practice
- Advancing knowledge through research and the management of information
- The growth and development of our staff through ongoing training in evidence based practices
With our mission in mind and values in place, we envision our future as:
- A nationally recognized center of excellence within an integrated system of statewide community based care
- The provider of choice in the provision of acute psychiatric services to individuals in the public care system and a major resource for all others in a competitive managed care system
- Providing access to services and responding in a timely, cost effective fashion using the least restrictive means
- Developing comprehensive customer services that embrace diversity
- Employing well qualified staff who are dedicated to creating a consumer-provider partnership, which supports the principles of continuing recovery
- Collaborating with individuals from all walks of life, their families, their insurers and a full spectrum of community agencies
- Advancing psychiatric treatment through a continuing commitment to research and teaching
- Providing a standard of care we would want to for our loved ones and ourselves
Photo credit: Jon Fox
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.