A sentinel event is an unexpected occurrence involving the death or serious physical or psychological injury, or risk thereof, signaling the need for immediate investigation and response, or other serious event.
Sentinel Event Reporting Forms are to be completed when a sentinel event occurs involving an individual or individuals who:
- Are receiving Department funded services;
- Have received Department funded services within the preceding 30 days;
- Have been evaluated by a service provider within the preceding 30 days; or
- Are the subjects of a Child or Adult Protective Services report.
Sentinel Event policy, forms and instructions:
- Reporting Form
- Reporting Form Instructions
- Review Presentation Form
- Review Presentation Form Instructions
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.