The Division of Family Assistance (DFA) administers programs and services for eligible NH residents by providing financial, medical, food & nutritional assistance, help with child care costs and emergency help to obtain and keep safe housing. Family Services Specialists (FSS) determine initial and continuing eligibility and the amount of benefits, and benefits are delivered using federal and NH guidelines and policies.
DFA offers an easy, fast, and private way to look at and manage your benefits online through NH EASY, New Hampshire's online Electronic Application System. Learn how to apply or reapply for assistance, check eligibility, report changes, track your application status and more by visiting the NH EASY web page.
Food & Nutrition Programs
- Food Stamp Program
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Children's Medicaid (CM)
- New Hampshire Health Protection Program (NHHPP)
State Supplemental Programs (SSP - Cash)
- Old Age Assistance (OAA)
- Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled (APTD)
- Aid to the Needy Blind (ANB)
Financial Assistance to Needy Families (FANF)
- NH Employment Program (NHEP) and Family Assistance Program (FAP)
- Families With Older Children (FWOC) and Interim Disabled Parents (IDP) programs
- Child Care Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Employment and Training Programs and Support Services
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.