NH Employment Program
Individuals participating in the program work with Employment Counselor Specialists who provide employment and training services at the DHHS District Offices around the state. These counselors work with participants to assess their skills and abilities and develop an individualized employment plan. It is through that employment plan that employment related activities and support services are made available to participants, either through the New Hampshire Employment Program, or other community services.
The NHEP participant may also complete the Planning for Success Portfolio , which is a 132-page workbook containing a series of activities that help NHEP participants prepare for, choose, and get a job.
Employment related activities can include:
- Job preparation classes;
- GED-High School Equivalency Diploma;
- Life skills training classes to address balancing work and family issues and barriers to getting and keeping employment;
- On-the-job or vocational skills training;
- Work placements in the community to provide job skills, workplace knowledge and career experience; and
- Job search assistance.
Employment related support services can include:
- Child care;
- Transportation reimbursement;
- Tuition assistance for certain educational programs;
- Worker or training supports such as tools of the trade, uniforms, books or other needed supplies; and
- Services to remove employment obstacles.
NH Employment Program Related Forms
- Family Intervention Activity (Form NHEP268)
- Client statement for NHEP Non-Participation and Plan (Form NHEP269)
- Job Readiness Activity Verification (Form NHEP267)
- Job Search Log (Form NHEP223)
- Notice About Workers' Compensation Coverage (Form NHEP102)
- WEP Verification (Form NHEP270)
- NHEP Education/Training Activities Verification Form (Form NHEP266)
- NHEP Distance Learning Log (Form NHEP275)
- NHEP Mileage Reimbursement Request Invoice (Form NHEP256)
- NHEP Public/Private Transportation Carrier Provider Invoice (Form NHEP256A)
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.