Maternal & Child Health
The MCH Section is seeking input from the public regarding the federally-funded Title V Block Grant, for the 2018 fiscal year (July 1st 2017 – June30th 2018). Funds from this grant support various MCH programs whose primary goals are to improve the health status of pregnant women, mothers, infants, and children, including children with special health care needs.
The MCH Section has identified the following priority areas:
- Improve access to needed healthcare services for all populations
- Decrease unintentional injury
- Improve access to standardized developmental/social/emotional screening, assessment and follow-up for children and adolescents
- Decrease pediatric overweight and obesity
- Increase access to comprehensive medical homes
- Increase family support and access to trained respite and childcare providers
- Improve access to mental health services
- Decrease the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other substances among youth, pregnant women and families
Summaries or the full plan can be viewed at:
- New Hampshire State Snapshot 2016 - Title V MCH Block Grant Program
- New Hampshire Title V MCH Block Grant Plan Overview
- New Hampshire Title V MCH Block Grant (full plan)
A document for public input has been prepared showing New Hampshire’s priorities; each section includes a table for each priority in its population domain; current objectives and strategies are also listed. You may download the document for public input , or contact Shari.Campbell@dhhs.nh.gov to request a public input form formatted as a fillable Microsoft Word document.
Submissions may be emailed to Shari.Campbell@dhhs.nh.gov
Submissions may also be sent by postal mail or fax to:
Shari Campbell, Title V Program Evaluation Specialist
Maternal and Child Health Section
Department of Health and Human Services
29 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Fax (603) 271-3827
Submissions received by May 5, 2017 will be reviewed for inclusion in the 2018 State Action Plan.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.