Adolescent Health Program
The Adolescent Health Program's mission is to make sure that teenagers in New Hampshire are healthy. The program works closely with health care providers and other professionals and organizations in the community who are dedicated to helping young people and their families.
The Adolescent Health Program encourages the use of methods that have the best chance of working. Teenagers feel comfortable in caring environments that are respectful of them.
The goals of the adolescent health program are to:
- Try to understand the issues that concern teenagers in New Hampshire.
- Provide health information to parents and people working with teenagers.
- Bring people together to find solutions to teen issues.
- Take a leadership role when planning and developing policies for teen programs.
- Link teenagers and their families to health services.
- Promote new knowledge and competence in adolescent health.
- Monitor efforts to make health services easy to access, effective and of high quality.
- Support research that advances adolescent health.
The Adolescent Health Program's target population is:
- Adolescents and young people between 10 and 24 years old
- Community youth groups and youth serving organizations
- Teachers and parents of adolescent and young people
- Health care providers of adolescents and young adults
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.