Services covered include:
- Outpatient procedures related to the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of TB disease or infection, such as:
- office visits,
- chest x-rays,
- lab tests, and
- TB medications.
Only services directly related to the diagnosis and treatment of TB will be covered.
Reimbursements will be made at the current Medicaid rate and will be sent directly to the service provider. Individuals cannot be reimbursed directly for their care or medications. This program does not reimburse for inpatient hospital or emergency department services. Prior approval by a Program clinician is necessary for unusual diagnostic procedures such as PET scans if reimbursement is expected.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible, an individual must reside in NH and meet all of the following criteria:
- be infected with TB or have undergone diagnostic procedures because of suspected active TB disease, and
- be under the care of a medical provider
- be ineligible for Medicaid;
- not have private health insurance that would pay for these services;
- have annual gross household income less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, except where household medical debt exceeds guidelines; and,
- submit an application for assistance.
If the income is greater than allowed under the federal poverty guidelines, the difference shall be multiplied by 80% to determine the dollar amount of medical bills an individual must pay out-of-pocket in the prior 12 months before being eligible for assistance from this program.
All information provided is strictly confidential. Individuals approved for financial assistance will be provided with a voucher for services that is valid for the duration of treatment, up to a 13 month maximum.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.