Chronic Disease Prevention and Screening Section
The CDPS released its Chronic Disease Strategic Plan on August 26, 2013. It is the result of three years of collaboration among the various chronic disease and related risk factor programs to integrate activities that will sustain the goals and strategies undertaken by the the Section.
CDPS partners with health and education agencies, community health centers, local and national voluntary agencies and associations, the private sector, and federal agencies. The programs which make up the CDPS include the following:
- The Let No Woman Be Overlooked - Breast and Cervical Cancer Program offers eligible participants screening services including mammography, and Pap tests.
- The New Hampshire Colorectal Cancer Screening Program seeks to increase colorectal cancer screening for New Hampshire residents through the provision of free screening colonoscopies and promotion of colorectal cancer screening through healthcare partners.
- The New Hampshire Comprehensive Cancer Control Program helps insure the implementation of public health programs, policies and objectives to reduce the public and private burden of cancer by improving interventions, diagnosis, care and treatment in the NH population.
- The Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program addresses risk factors for heart disease and stroke to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease in New Hampshire.
- The Oral Health Program contracts with agencies across the state to provide preventive and reparative dental services for NH's children and adults who don't have access to dental care.
- The Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program, works toward reducing the tobacco use rates of New Hampshire residents, through the use of evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies; oversees the NH Tobacco Helpline which offers free, confidential counseling to quit tobacco.
The CDPS also works with other partners in New Hampshire to control other forms of chronic disease.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.