To establish and operate a new food service or retail food store in New Hampshire requires completion and submission of an application and detailed floor plan for the new establishment. Food Protection will conduct an onsite inspection. If the site is in full compliance with New Hampshire Administrative Rules for the sanitary production and distribution of food, a 90-day provisional license will be issued. Within 45 days of issuance, another on-site inspection will be conducted and an annual license will be issued, valid for a time period of one year from the date of issuance of the provisional license, if all requirements continue to be met.
All applicants for a new food service license must submit the following:
- A completed, legible Annual Food Service License Application
- A check or money order for the applicable fees; all fees are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- Food Establishment Floor Plan with a $75 fee for each plan reviewed.
- Water system requirements.
- Waste water system requirements.
- All other information required of new establishments.
It is unlawful for any person, unless exempted under New Hampshire Statutes and Administrative Rules, to operate a food service establishment or retail food store within the state without a food service license.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.