Changes in Ownership
Requirements for a License Due to a Change in Ownership of a Food Service Establishment or Retail Food Store.
At least 30 days prior to the change of ownership the items listed below must be submitted to the Food Protection Program:
- A completed, legible and signed Annual Food Service License Application ;
- A check or money order for applicable fees. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable;
- A written request stating the reason for the license requesting the name of the food service establishment or retail food store as it appears on the current license, the name of the legal owner of the food service establishment or retail food store as it is to appear on the new license, and the date the change of ownership will take effect;
- A copy of any certificate of amendment of organizational filings issued by the NH Secretary of State;
- A letter from the most recent owner acknowledging the impending transfer of ownership and identification of the date the ownership change becomes final;
- Food Establishment Floor Plan Checklist that includes proof that required construction upgrades were made such as ensuring sufficient sinks are available and that domestic refrigerators and walk-in coolers meet adequate and appropriate refrigeration standards, and a $75 fee for each plan;
- Water system compliance plans; and
- Wastewater system compliance plans.
The Food Protection Program will conduct an onsite inspection. If satisfied that the information is in compliance with NH Administrative Rules for the sanitary production and distribution of food, a 90 day provisional license will be issued. Within 45 days of issuance, another onsite inspection will be conducted and an annual license will be issued, valid for a time period of one year from the date of issuance of the provisional license if all requirements continue to be met.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.