Food Processing Plants
A food processing plant is a type of food service establishment that is a commercial operation that processes food for human consumption, and provides processed food for sale and distribution to other business entities such as other food establishments. The term does not include an operation that processes food under the oversight of the New Hampshire Department of Agriculture in accordance with RSA 426, RSA 427, RSA 428, RSA 429 and RSA 434. (Farm Products, Livestock, Meat, Poultry and Poultry Products, Maple, Apple Cider) Please contact the NH Department of Agriculture about these products.
Establishments included as food processing plants are those operating in a commercial kitchen, which package foods for wholesale to other businesses.
In order to operate a food processing plant in New Hampshire, a food license shall be obtained. Each applicant for a license shall submit the following:
- Food Processing Plant License Application
- Water System Documentation
- Wastewater System Documentation
- Food Service Establishment Floor Plan Review Application , accompanied by
- Process Review Documentation if applicable. These are the written results of the review conducted by a food processing authority on each food made using a specialized process.
- List of food products to be produced in the food processing plant.
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point Plan (HACCP) A HACCP plan is a management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
- Food Recall Procedure
- Food Defense Awareness
It is unlawful for any person, unless exempted under RSA 143-A:5, to operate a food service establishment or retail food establishment within the state without having obtained a food service license. If the DPHS Food Protection Section is satisfied that the information regarding the applicant, the applicant's operation and facilities are in compliance with He-P 2300, the NH Rules for the Sanitary Production and Distribution of Food, a license shall be issued.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.