Health Statistics and Data Management
Health Statistics & Data Management (HSDM) is responsible for the following core activities and programs:
- NH Cancer Registry;
- Behavioral Risk Factor Survey (BRFSS);
- Public health birth data analysis;
- Public health death data analysis;
- Public health hospital data analysis; and
- Other epidemiological support.
- Obtains, analyzes and disseminates NH population based public health-related data and statistics;
- Performs custom analysis of data and publishes comprehensive reports on various data sets;
- Stewards the NH Cancer Registry and BRFSS data;
- Plays a key role in stewardship of the birth and death data through its administrative management of the department's Institutional Review Board for Vital Records research data requests;
- Advises DPHS programs on proper and appropriate study design and analysis through HSDM's knowledge of biostatistics and epidemiology;
- Is responsible for ensuring that data is used appropriately and that the confidentiality and privacy of individuals are protected and maintained without exception;
- Develops new surveillance systems in collaboration with DHHS programs and other external stakeholders in order to better assess the burden of disease and injury in NH; and
- The Automated Hospital Emergency Department Data (AHEDD) System has been developed with Disease Surveillance as a real-time ED data surveillance system, which includes automated syndromic surveillance.