Adult Immunization Campaign
This is a new public awareness campaign to promote conversations between health care providers and their adult patients about the importance of being vaccinated.
This page is dedicated to providing training and resources to health care providers in talking with their adult patients about vaccines.
Start the Conversation is a NH-based adult immunization awareness campaign created by the NH Immunization Program and co-sponsored by the NH Medical Society, NH Nurses' Association and the NH Nurse Practitioner Association. The campaign is designed to promote a two-way conversation between health care providers and patients stressing the importance of vaccination throughout the lifespan. The overarching goal of this campaign is to increase NH adult immunization rates. Join us as we Start the Conversation. Talk to your patients about the immunizations they need.
Audience for Toolkit
This toolkit and its resources are designed to be useful to your entire practice team including nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, physician assistants, practice managers, clinical managers and administrative staff.
The campaign aims to underscore that vaccines are not just for children. Adults need them, too. Adults should start the conversation with you, their health care provider, about which vaccines they need, depending on the factors that put them at risk for vaccine preventable diseases.
The key messages of Start the Conversation are:
- Routine Health Care: As part of your routine health care, talk with your health care provider about the immunizations you need.
- Community Immunity: Protect yourself and those around you by getting the immunizations you need. Talk with your health care provider.
- Vaccine Safety: Join the millions who have safely received adult immunizations. Talk with your health care provider.
- Adult Vaccines: Know What You Need
- Cover Letter
- Provider Toolkit
- Adult Immunization Schedule
- Tent Card
- Posters Available through NHIP
- Rack Cards Available through NHIP
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.