School Immunization Survey Results
- Immunization Schedules
Fun and Educational Activities
- Be Wise-Immunize Adapted with permission from the North Dakota State Department of Health
- Flu Fighter Coloring Book
is provided compliments of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Freddie the Fox Gets His Chickenpox Shots! Commissioned by North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services; used with permission
- Scrub Club - A fun and educational animated site where kids can learn about health and hygiene.
- Share the Fun. Not the Flu.
- Word Search
- Back to School Checklist Poster
- Bike Helmet, Flu
- First Year of School Checklist Poster
- Wash Your Hands
- Stay Healthy, Cover Your Cough
School-Based Influenza Immunization Clinics
In 2014, the New Hampshire Immunization Program (NHIP) partnered with eight Public Health Networks to organize school-based influenza immunization clinics. These clinics were held in the North Country, Upper Valley, Central NH, Carroll County, Greater Sullivan, Winnipesaukee, Capital Area, and Strafford County regions of the state. The clinics were an overwhelming success – vaccinating over 7,200 students from 130 schools against influenza!
The Public Health Networks worked with the school nurses to schedule clinic times, distribute and collect consent forms, and ensure a safe clinic environment. The NHIP provided the vaccines along with financial and technical support.
Parents appreciated the clinics because they didn't have to miss work to get their child immunized. School nurses liked it because their school had less illness during the 2014-2015 season.
In the Fall of 2015, the NHIP and Public Health Networks will continue offering school-based clinics. If your school would like more information about holding a clinic in the Fall, please call (603) 271-4482.
Hats off to all who participated in the 2014-2015 school-based clinics and contributed to the high immunization rates!
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.