Radiological Health Rules
- Title VIII, Public Defense and Veterans' Affairs, RSA 107-B:1, Nuclear Planning and Response Program, Nuclear Emergency Response Plan
- Title X, Public Health, RSA 125-B, New England Compact on Radiological Health Protection
- Title X, Public Health, RSA 125-F, Radiological Health Program
Chapter He-P 4000 NH Rules for the Control of Radiation
Disclaimer: The NH General Court Office of Legislative Services maintains the official text of all NH state agency certified administrative rules. The NH DHHS Radiological Health Section provides the text below of the latest rules which are currently in effect for the convenience of the general public.
Recently Adopted Rules:
- Effective November 19, 2016
- Effective October 28, 2016
- Effective October 12, 2016
- Effective May 25, 2016
- Part 4035.13 & 4035.73 Use of Radionuclides in the Healing Arts Quality Management Program and Written Directives, Recentness of Training
- Part 4038 The Physical Protection of Category 1 and Category 2 Quantities of Radioactive Material
- Part 4090.02 List of Elements
- Effective January 15, 2016
- Part 4030 Licensing of Radioactive Material
- Part 4035 Use of Radionuclides in the Healing Arts
Upcoming Rule Changes
- Part 4003 “Definitions”
- Part 4038 “The Physical Protection of Category 1 and Category 2 Quantities of Radioactive Material”
The rules below link to the NH General Court website; they are not updated until after the certification process is complete.
- He-P 4001-4022 - General provisions and standards for radiation protection.
- He-P 4023-4039 - Requirements for possession and use of radioactive materials.
- He-P 4040-4061 - Requirements for possession and use of radiation-producing equipment. (See also He-P 4034.)
- He-P 4062-4097 - Requirements for disposal of low-level radioactive wastes, fees and various appendices and tables.
Information relating to the rulemaking process and proposed changes to the New Hampshire Rules for the Control of Radiation (NHRCR) can be found on the NH Department of Health and Human Services' Administrative Rules Unit web page.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.