By providing a confidential resource, managers and supervisors are freed from assuming the role of counselor. Specific services have been developed to assist supervisors in skill building and maintaining productivity within their work group. The results are employees who can focus on their work, freeing supervisors to supervise and managers to manage, resulting in improved productivity.
- Domestic Violence Initiative – Provide professional resources for State Departments to comply with the Domestic Violence in the Workplace Executive Order, including expert presentations, trainings, technical assistance and policy development.
- Psycho-Social Educational Program – A management tool to address specific employee behaviors within the context of a disciplinary action through the use of individualized employee education.
- Return to Work Meetings – Facilitate return-to-work process for an employee returning from an extended leave, due to medical, emotional, disciplinary or chemical dependency issues, in order to improve employee reintegration.
- Substance Abuse Professional – Provide a mechanism for mandated drug/alcohol testing programs to refer employees to substance abuse professionals to promote regulatory compliance.
- Supervisory Coaching – Assist a supervisor/manager to recognize options for becoming a more effective manager. This service may address communication, staff accountability, documentation, team building and the strengthening of individual management skills.
- Work Culture Audit – Information is compiled on specific workplace issues and reported to management representatives including a list of suggested interventions to institute with or without the technical assistance of the EAP.