|Date:||March 12, 2013|
|Labor Grade/Salary:||7-11 / $25,303.20 - $33,519.20|
|Contact Name & Phone:||Diane Allen
|Send Application to:||NH Dept. of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER TRAINEE - II
NEW HAMPSHIRE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
New Hampshire Hospital /APS Unit J / 2nd shift / Concord
Mental Health Worker Trainee: $25,303.20 - $29,109.60
Mental Health Worker I: $27,112.80 - $31,168.80
Mental Health Worker II: $29,109.60 - $33,519.20
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the direction of the registered nurse provides direct care services to patients in an acute psychiatric care facility setting.
- MHW Trainee: Graduation from high school, G.E.D. or its equivalent. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of work experience. Approved formal education includes courses or a degree in psychology, social science, special education, any of the health professions, or other area of approved study.
- MHW I II: Graduation from high school, G.E.D. or its equivalent. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of work experience. Approved formal education includes courses or a degree in psychology, social science, special education, any of the health professions, or other area of approved study.
- MHW Trainee: No experience required.
- MHW I - One year of experience in the care of mentally ill or emotionally disturbed persons in a psychiatric facility, one year as a Mental Health Worker, or one year of work experience in a position, or combination of positions, that would evidence possession of the required skills necessary for satisfactory performance at this level.
- MHW II: Two years’ experience as listed above.
- MHW Trainee: Appointment to this classification is provisional pending satisfactory completion of all required written and physical components of the Mental Health Worker Training Program, as approved by the Division of Personnel, within the first four (4) weeks of employment.
- MHW I-II: Must be certified as a Mental Health Worker. An employee may be required to work additional hours beyond their normal work shift, engaged in work that is characteristic of their classification, in order to meet patient care needs/safe staffing levels, established by the Nursing Department of New Hampshire Hospital.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with co-workers, patients, families and outside agencies. Effective problem solving skills and judgement. Physical ability to restrain patients.
Employees will be required to pay an agency/union fee.
For further information please contact Diane Allen at (603) 271-5398.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications may be obtained from and return to the Human Resources Office at the Dept. of Health and Human Services, 129 Pleasant St., Concord, NH 03301, (603) 271-9344, or firstname.lastname@example.org and available on the internet at www.admin.state.nh.us/hr, Please reference position #30920 on the completed application. *** In order to receive credit for post-secondary education, a copy of official transcripts with a seal and/or signature MUST be included with the application. Please have transcripts forwarded to the Human Resources office with the recruiting agency. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found. EOE
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.