As of December 1, the NH Medicaid Program is transitioning to Medicaid Care Management (MCM). New Hampshire Medicaid's Care Management program uses 3 Health Plans to manage your health care. The 3 Health Plans cover the same services that NH Medicaid does. The Health Plans also offer additional optional services, programs, and other extras to promote healthy behavior currently not offered by NH Medicaid.
With the transition to MCM, Medicaid clients enrolled in the Program will now be working with the Health Plan they either selected or were assigned.
If you have questions about the following, call your Health Plan’s Member Services Number:
- health benefits and services
- referrals or prior authorizations
NH Healthy Families Health Plan: 1-866-769-3085
Meridian Health Plan: 1-855-291-5221
Well Sense Health Plan: 1-877-957-1300
If you have questions about which Health Plan you are enrolled with, or if you’d like to make a change to your Health Plan, call the Enrollment Call Center at 1-888-901-4999.
About the Medicaid Care Management (MCM) Program
Your current Medicaid benefits will not change. You will pick a Health Plan and a primary care provider from the health plan's list of providers. MCM includes wellness and prevention programs. These programs will:
- Tell you how to stay healthy
- Offer special services to support your health goals
- Help you make your own choices about your health care
If you have chronic health needs, the Health Plan will help coordinate your care to improve your health.
It is likely that it is mandatory for you to pick a health plan. That means you have to pick a Health Plan as a part of your medical assistance benefit. However, for some you may be informed that you are:
- Voluntary means you can choose not to select a Health Plan
- Exempt/excluded means you cannot pick a Health Plan.
For Medicaid recipients (voluntary or exempt) who do not choose a plan, they will continue to get their Medicaid services as they normally do.
What you will find here:
- Answers to your questions
- Get tips on how to pick a Health Plan
- Find out which Health Plan your provider participates in
- Important Dates and Sample Letters
- All About...