The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is in the process of transitioning the state's Medicaid delivery system from the current fee-for-service model to the Medicaid Care Management Program.
Step 2 of the transition includes Mandatory Enrollment for medical care with one of the state's Managed Care Organizations (Well Sense Health Plan or NH Healthy Families) for the following Medicaid recipients: Children in Foster Care, Medicare Dual Eligibles (people who have both Medicare and Medicaid), Home Care for Children with Severe Disabilities (aka Katie Beckett Medicaid), Children with special health care needs enrolled in Special Medical Services/Partners in Health and Children with Supplemental Security Income.
Step 2 also includes integration of Long Term Supports and Services (LTSS) such as Choices for Independence Waiver Services and Nursing Facility Services into the Medicaid Care Management program.
DHHS conducted a formal stakeholder engagement process to obtain input on best practices for integration of Step 2 populations and services into the Medicaid Care Management program. Meetings were held across the state from July 2014 - November 2014.
Medicaid Care Management Step 2:
Mandatory Enrollment and Choices for Independence Waiver Services
Notice is hereby given that the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services is presenting the Medicaid Care Management Step 2 Final Draft Design Considerations. This presentation will describe how New Hampshire will provide Choices for Independence Waiver services through contracted Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), and how New Hampshire will implement mandating enrollment into the Medicaid Care Management program for all non-exempt Medicaid recipients.
- Step Two Update: Final Draft of Design Considerations for Mandatory Enrollment and Integration of Choices for Independence [CFI] Waiver Services
Public comments may be submitted until midnight on April 10, 2015. Comments may be submitted by email to email@example.com or by regular mail to: Office of Medicaid Budget and Policy, NH Department of Health and Human Services, 129 Pleasant Street, Brown Building, Concord, NH 03301-3857, Attn: MCM Step 2 Public Comment.
The State will host a public hearing during the public comment period. In addition, there will be several Stakeholder Forums.
- Medicaid Care Management Step 2 Mandatory Enrollment and Choices for Independence Waiver Services Public Forum Schedule 2015
The public hearing date is:
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
2:00 – 4:00 PM
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street,
Concord, NH 03301
To attend by webinar please register at:
For all webinar participants: after registering, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Participants can use their computer's microphone and speakers or telephone. An audio PIN will be shown after joining the webinar.
To join by phone: 1 (866) 952-8437
Access Code: 648-170-627
Audio Pin: Shown after joining the webinar
Webinar ID: 133-526-403
- Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services (BEAS) Stakeholder Input Sessions Scheduled for 2014
- Cancellations due to weather: Please note that sessions may be cancelled due to weather-related travel advisories. If the school is closed due to the weather in the town where the session is scheduled, the session will also be cancelled. Weather closings are announced by the schools and listed by WMUR on TV and on-line at www.wmur.com, under "closings." You may also call BEAS at (603) 271-9215 to find out if a session has been cancelled.
- View the Step 2 Slide Deck for the December 2014 stakeholder sessions
- CFI & Nursing Facility Draft Design Considerations for MCM Step 2
- Brown Building Stakeholder Forum, 12/01/2014
- Keene Public Library Stakeholder Forum, 12/02/2014
- Genesis - Lebanon Stakeholder Forum, 12/08/2014
- Littleton Area Senior Center Stakeholder Forum, 12/10/2014
- Cancellations due to weather: Please note that sessions may be cancelled due to weather-related travel advisories. If the school is closed due to the weather in the town where the session is scheduled, the session will also be cancelled. Weather closings are announced by the schools and listed by WMUR on TV and on-line at www.wmur.com, under "closings." You may also call BEAS at 271-9215 to find out if a session has been cancelled.
- Brown Building Stakeholder Forum, 12/16/2014
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.