Medicaid Patient Volume: Eligible Hospitals (EHs) must meet a 10 percent Medicaid patient volume threshold.
- Patient Volume reporting period: any continuous 90-day period during the prior fiscal year preceding the payment year.
- Total encounters (denominator): all encounters that the EH provided during the Patient Volume reporting period.
- Medicaid encounters (numerator): all services (in the denominator) provided in a day by a specific provider to a Medicaid-enrolled individual during the Patient Volume reporting period. This includes:
- Services in which Medicaid (including the program formerly known as "Healthy Kids Gold" and out-of-state Medicaid and Medicaid-managed care programs) paid for part or all of the services (including premiums, co-payments, and/or cost sharing); or
- Encounters where Medicaid paid zero dollars ($0) where Medicare (in the case of patients that are dually eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare) or another third party paid for the encounter; or
- Encounters provided to Medicaid beneficiaries for which no payments were received; or
- Medical services provided to Medicaid beneficiaries that were not covered under New Hampshire's Medicaid program.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.