Providers must enter the following identifiers in ePIP in order to register:
- Provider NPI: provider's unique identification number for covered health care providers.
- Provider TIN: Eligible Professional's SSN tied to the NPI; Eligible Hospital's EIN tied to the hospital's NPI.
- CMS Registration ID: unique number assigned by the CMS registration and attestation system.
- New Hampshire Medicaid Provider Number: unique identifier assigned by New Hampshire Medicaid to an accepted provider that is participating in New Hampshire's Medicaid program.
- CCN: unique hospital identifier assigned by CMS known as the CMS Certification Number (Hospitals only).
National Provider Identifier (NPI) is a unique identification number assigned by CMS for covered health care providers.
NPI Types are classified as Entity Type 1 or Entity Type 2. Visit the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) for details.
- Entity Type 1: an individual who renders health care services, e.g., physicians, dentists, nurses, chiropractors, pharmacists, physical therapists and sole providers.
- Entity Type 2: an organization that renders health care services, e.g., hospitals, home health agencies, ambulance companies, HMOs, DME suppliers, pharmacies and corporations formed when an individual incorporates.
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is a unique identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service in the administration of tax law.
TIN Types are taxpayer identification numbers classified as a Social Security Number (personal) or Employer Identification Number (organization).
- SSN is a unique 9-digit number used to identify a person for tax filing and other purposes.
- EIN is a unique 9-digit number used to identify an organization for tax filing and other purposes.
SSN Payee TIN Type indicates that providers receive EHR Incentive Program payments under their personal SSN. This payee TIN, combined with the payee NPI, must be in New Hampshire Medicaid's Provider Enrollment database.
EIN Payee TIN Type indicates that an organizational entity receives the EHR Incentive Program payment under the organization's EIN. This payee TIN, combined with the Payee NPI, must be in New Hampshire Medicaid's Provider Enrollment database.