Meaningful Use (MU) and Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) Supporting Documentation: Eligible Professionals (EPs) must upload EHR screenshots and other supporting documentation that fully support their MU and CQM data at the time of attestation in order for the payment request to be processed. To prevent risk of modification of audit documents, print to a version that is not modifiable such as PDF and/or paper. Per CMS, EPs must retain supporting documentation showing their demonstration of meaningful use for 6 years.
EPs must upload EHR screenshots and other supporting documentation with Protected Health Information redacted (i.e., HIPAA protected information) at the time of attestation in order for the payment request to be processed.
The following are general guidelines for MU and CQM screenshots.
- Be generated from Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT).
- Display dates that are WITHIN the MU reporting period. NH Medicaid cannot accept reports that are dated outside of the reporting period.
- Display the:
- EP's first and last name;
- Facility/Organization name and address;
- Provider NPI (if possible).
- Clearly display the measure title and identification number.
- Have the appropriate Document Type selected on ePIP (with a corresponding File Name and Memo that clearly describes the content of the document).
- Not include HIPPA data. If patient data has been redacted, it must not be legible.
- Be in sequential order to match the order on ePIP
- Best practice: upload one document containing screenshots for each report category, i.e., one report with all MU measures and one report with all CQMs.
- Acceptable (but not preferable): upload individual screenshots; if this option is used, the measure identification number must be included in the Memo field on ePIP.
- Be submitted even for EPs that are excluded from a measure because they have no patients in the numerator and denominator.
- If an EP is not listed on a report because he/she is claiming exclusion, handwrite the EP's name with an explanation (example: "Dr. John Smith was excluded from this measure") on the report with a signature and date.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.