Core Measure, Menu Measure, and Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) Supporting Documentation: Eligible Professionals (EPs) must upload EHR screenshots and other supporting documentation that fully support their Meaningful Use Core and Menu measures and Clinical Quality Measures data at the time of attestation in order for the payment request to be processed. To prevent risk of modification of audit documents, print to a version that is not modifiable such as PDF and/or paper. Per CMS, EPs must keep documentation supporting their demonstration of meaningful use for 6 years.
The following are general guides for Meaningful Use screenshots. For measure-specific guidelines, please refer to the New Hampshire Guidelines for Meaningful Use and Supporting Documentation . Meaningful Use screenshots must:
- Be generated from Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT).
- Display dates that are WITHIN the meaningful use reporting period. NH Medicaid cannot accept reports that are dated outside of the reporting period. An Eligible Professional who submits screen shots dated outside of the reporting period will be ineligible for an incentive payment.
- EP's first and last name;
- Facility/Organization name and address;
- Provider NPI (if possible).
- Clearly display the measure title and identification number.
- Have the appropriate Document Type selected on ePIP (with a corresponding File Name and Memo that clearly describes the content of the document).
- Not include HIPPA data. If patient data has been redacted, please ensure that it is not readable prior to uploading it on ePIP.
- Be in sequential order to match the order on ePIP.
- Best practice: upload one document containing screenshots for each report category, i.e., one report with all Core measures; one report with all Menu measures; one report with all CQMs.
- Acceptable (but not preferable): upload individual screenshots; if this option is used, the measure identification number must be included in the Memo field on ePIP.
- Be submitted even for Eligible Professionals that are excluded from a measure because they have no patients in the numerator and denominator.
- If a provider is not listed on a report because he/she is claiming exclusion, handwrite the provider name with an explanation (example: "Dr. John Smith was excluded from this measure") on the report with a signature and date.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.