Medical Care Advisory Committee
The state’s Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Choices for Independence (CFI) Waiver is due for renewal in the spring of 2017. NH DHHS is hosting Listening Sessions to explain the Waiver renewal process and to obtain input from stakeholders about the Waiver. This input will be used, as appropriate, in the CFI Waiver renewal application. Listening Sessions are scheduled for:
- 12/8/16 from 5:00-7:00pm in the Brown Building Auditorium, 129 Pleasant St., Concord, NH
- 12/15/16 from 10-12 in the Brown Building Auditorium, 129 Pleasant St., Concord, NH
These Listening Sessions are informal opportunities to provide input into the development of the CFI Waiver renewal. There will be two formal public hearings held in February of 2017 [dates/times to be determined] to give stakeholders the opportunity to provide formal public input on the CFI Waiver renewal application before it is submitted to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
There is no registration required for the Listening Sessions.
For information about the Listening Sessions please contact Mary St. Jacques at: [email protected]
The New Hampshire Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) is a public advisory group established in accordance with 42 CFR § 431.12 to advise the State Medicaid Director regarding New Hampshire Medicaid policy and planning.
The MCAC includes stakeholders who are familiar with the comprehensive healthcare needs of low income population groups and with the resources required for their care.
The duties of the MCAC members include:
- Members will review and recommend proposals for rules, regulations, legislation, waivers, operations and other Medicaid policies, in accordance with 42 CFR § 431.12
- In particular, members will review and provide input on:
a. The annual report on managed care provided under 42 CFR § 438.66(e)(3);
b. Marketing materials submitted by managed care entities, in accordance with 42 CFR § 438.104(c);
c. The managed care quality rating system, in accordance with 42 CFR § 438.334(c);
d. The managed care quality strategy, in accordance with 42 CFR § 438.340(c); and
e. The development and update of the Medicaid access monitoring review plan, in accordance with 42 CFR § 447.203(b).
- Formulate or help formulate, review, and evaluate policy proposals, considering fiscal, program, provider, and recipient impact, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Utilize individual expertise to assist the MCAC in proactively recommending changes to policy, administrative rules and legislation, which support the purpose of the Medicaid program.
- Maintain familiarity with current financial and legal aspects of the Medicaid program.
- Ensure the membership effectively represents all relevant and concerned viewpoints, particularly those of Medicaid recipients.
- Ensure ongoing communication between the MCAC and the administrators of the Medicaid program.
- Application for Membership
- Next Meeting:
Monday, December 12, 2016
1:00 - 3:00 pm
New Hampshire Hospital Association
125 Airport Road, Room 1
Concord NH 03301
- Meeting Dates for 2016
- Meeting Dates for 2017
Proposed Rules as of 11/28/16
- Consent: He-W, General Program Information and Provider Requirements – Fingerprinting
- Consent: He-W, General Program Information and Provider Requirements – Surveillance and Utilization Review and Control
- Initial Proposal: He-C 6339 Certification Payment Standards for Community Based In-Home Service Providers
To contact the Medical Care Advisory Committee, please email [email protected]
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.