Medical Care Advisory Committee
Notice: Due to the possibility of inclement weather on Monday, February 13th, the Medicaid Care Management Quarterly Quality Update, is postponed.
This presentation has been rescheduled for March 13, 2017, 1:00-3:00 pm at the NH Hospital Association, 125 Airport Rd, Concord NH.
Notice: The February 13th meeting of the MCAC is canceled.
The next MCAC meeting will be held Monday, March 13, 2017, 10:00am -12:00pm.
The New Hampshire Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) is a public advisory group established in accordance with 42 CFR § 431.12 to advise the State Medicaid Director regarding New Hampshire Medicaid policy and planning.
The MCAC includes stakeholders who are familiar with the comprehensive healthcare needs of low income population groups and with the resources required for their care.
The duties of the MCAC members include:
- Members will review and recommend proposals for rules, regulations, legislation, waivers, operations and other Medicaid policies, in accordance with 42 CFR § 431.12
- In particular, members will review and provide input on:
a. The annual report on managed care provided under 42 CFR § 438.66(e)(3);
b. Marketing materials submitted by managed care entities, in accordance with 42 CFR § 438.104(c);
c. The managed care quality rating system, in accordance with 42 CFR § 438.334(c);
d. The managed care quality strategy, in accordance with 42 CFR § 438.340(c); and
e. The development and update of the Medicaid access monitoring review plan, in accordance with 42 CFR § 447.203(b).
- Formulate or help formulate, review, and evaluate policy proposals, considering fiscal, program, provider, and recipient impact, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Utilize individual expertise to assist the MCAC in proactively recommending changes to policy, administrative rules and legislation, which support the purpose of the Medicaid program.
- Maintain familiarity with current financial and legal aspects of the Medicaid program.
- Ensure the membership effectively represents all relevant and concerned viewpoints, particularly those of Medicaid recipients.
- Ensure ongoing communication between the MCAC and the administrators of the Medicaid program.
- Application for Membership
- NH Medicaid Medical Care Advisory Committee By Laws
- NH Medical Care Advisory Committee Medicaid Rules Review Process
- Next Meeting:
Monday, March 13, 2017
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
New Hampshire Hospital Association
125 Airport Road, Room 1
Application for Membership
NH Medicaid Medical Care Advisory Committee By Laws
NH Medical Care Advisory Committee Medicaid Rules Review Process
Executive Branch Regulatory Review, January 5, 2017
- Meeting Dates for 2017
Proposed Rules as of 12/22/16
- Initial Proposal: He-W 570, Pharmaceutical Services
- Initial Proposal: He-W 512.06, Alternative Benefit Plan and Premium Assistance Program – Laboratory Co-payments
- Initial Proposal: He-M 426, Community Mental Health Services
- Consent: He-W 841.03, Medicaid for Employed Adults with Disabilities (MEAD)
- Consent: He-C 6339, Certification Payment Standards for Community Based In-Home Service Providers
To contact the Medical Care Advisory Committee, please email MCAC@dhhs.nh.gov
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.