Two New, Affordable Health Coverage Options for Granite Staters
What is the New Hampshire Health Protection Program?
In 2014, changes in State law created the New Hampshire Health Protection Program (NHHPP), a part of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). NHHPP provides many low-income Granite Staters with two new options to get health insurance coverage at little or no cost.
These two new programs are:
- Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP): If you or someone in your family is eligible to receive health insurance through an employer, you may qualify for help in covering your insurance costs. If you are eligible for the HIPP Program, the New Hampshire Health Protection Program will pay your share of the insurance costs. For more information regarding the Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP) visit the HIPP web page.
- Bridge Program: If you or someone in your household is not eligible to receive health insurance through your employer, or if you don't qualify for the HIPP Program, you may be eligible to sign up for a private health insurance plan through the state' Bridge Program.
We have reached a Milestone
As of May 26, 2015, over 40,000 New Hampshire residents have enrolled in the New Hampshire Health Protection Program (NHHPP). Enrollment for NHHPP began on July 1, 2014, and coverage began on August 15, 2014. Those interested in getting more information can enroll one of three ways: online at nheasy.nh.gov, by calling our Medicaid Services Center at 1-888-901-4999, or by visiting one of the DHHS district offices across the state.
Learn more about NHHPP
- Contact: http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/ombp/nhhpp/contact.htm
- Watch a public information session that explains more about the New Hampshire Health Protection Program
- Watch a public information session that explains New Hampshire Health Protection Program held at New England Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
If you are an employer and have questions about the Health Insurance Premium Payment program please send your inquiries to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not eligible for NHHPP or Medicaid, you can find more information about affordable health coverage by visiting Covering New Hampshire.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.