New Hampshire Health Protection Program
What is the New Hampshire Health Protection Program?
In 2014, changes in State law created the New Hampshire Health Protection Program (NHHPP) which is a Medicaid funded health care program that expands coverage to low-income New Hampshire residents.
Annual Open Enrollment Starting on November 1, 2016.
Once a year you or someone in your household can change your Medicaid Health Plan.
Open Enrollment for the NH Premium Assistance Program starts on November 1, 2016 and ends on December 15, 2016 at 4pm.
The Qualified Health Plan (QHPs) participating in the NH Premium Assistance Program, starting on January 1, 2017, are:
- Ambetter from NH Healthy Families - Ambetter Balanced Care 8
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield - Anthem Silver Pathway X Enhanced HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care – ElevateHealth Silver HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care – NH Network Silver HMO Premium
- Minuteman Health – MyDoc HMO Silver Assistance A
If you are enrolled with one of the plans listed above and you like your plan, you do not need to do anything - your coverage will continue.
If you want to change from one of these Health Plans to the other, please go to NH Easy at http://nheasy.nh.gov or call the Medicaid Service Center at 1-888-901-4999 no later than 12/15/2016 at 4 PM. Your new plan coverage will start on January 1, 2017.
Special Notice Regarding Community Health Options –Community Assist:
If you are currently enrolled with Community Health Options - Community Assist you must pick a new plan because this plan will no longer be available after December 31, 2016.
Qualified Health Plans may offer a state-wide provider network or regional networks. When you are choosing a QHP, be sure to keep in mind: (1) the providers you usually see when you access health care and (2) the medications you currently use. Be sure to look for the health plans that work with those providers and offer those medications.
To pick one of the Qualified Health Plans listed above go to NH Easy at http://nheasy.nh.gov or call the Medicaid Service Center at 1-888-901-4999, no later than 12/15/2016 at 4 PM. If you do not pick a new plan, one will be assigned to you. Your coverage with the new plan will start on January 1, 2017.
- Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP): If you or someone in your family is eligible to receive health insurance through an employer, you may qualify for help in covering your insurance costs. If you are eligible for the HIPP Program, the New Hampshire Health Protection Program will pay your share of the insurance costs. For more information regarding the Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (HIPP) visit the HIPP webpage.
- Medically Frail: If you have a physical, mental or emotional condition that causes limitations in daily activities; or you reside in a medical facility or nursing home then you could self-identify as medically frail. People who are medically frail are excluded from PAP and will enroll in a managed care plan have an option of Alternative Benefit Plan (ABP) or a standard Medicaid package of benefits.
- Premium Assistance Program: If you are a New Hampshire resident between the ages of 19 to 65, and meet certain household income levels and other requirements you may be eligible for the Premium Assistance Program (PAP). Through this program you will get your health coverage through a commercial health plan called a Qualified Health Plan (or QHP) through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM). If you would like more information visit the Premium Assistance Program webpage.
If you are not eligible for NHHPP or Medicaid, you can find more information about affordable health coverage by visiting Covering New Hampshire.
For questions call the NH Medicaid Service Center at 1-888-901-4999.