Dietitian License Requirements
Initial License Requirements:
- Submit a dietitian's license application & pay the required license fee;
- Hold a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the US and complete a major course of study in human nutrition, nutrition education, food and nutrition, dietetics, public health nutrition, or food systems management;
- Successfully complete a dietetic internship of no less than 900 hours, pre-professional practice program, or coordinated program with documented experience in the practice of dietetics under supervision of a registered, certified, or licensed dietitian; and
- Successfully pass the examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Renewal License Requirements:
- Submit a dietitian license renewal application & pay the required license fee; and
- Documentation of completion of 20 hours of continuing education every two years.