Dietitian License Requirements
The State of NH has mandated change to all licensing boards. Beginning June 2017, all dietitian licenses will be on the same two year cycle (i.e. license renewals due on June 30th). For licenses that renewed beginning June 1st, 2015 through December 1st, 2015 and were prorated, they will expire on June 30th, 2017 and will be responsible for 15 CPEs. Those licenses that renewed as of January 2016 through May 2016 and were prorated, will be responsible for 10 CPEs and their license will expire on June 30th, 2017.
Initial License Requirements:
- Submit a dietitian's license application & pay the required license fee;
- Hold a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the US and complete a major course of study in human nutrition, nutrition education, food and nutrition, dietetics, public health nutrition, or food systems management;
- Successfully complete a dietetic internship of no less than 900 hours, pre-professional practice program, or coordinated program with documented experience in the practice of dietetics under supervision of a registered, certified, or licensed dietitian; and
- Successfully pass the examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Renewal License Requirements:
- Submit a dietitian license renewal application & pay the required license fee; and
- Documentation of completion of 20 hours of continuing education every two years.
Office of Professional Licensure and Certification
121 South Fruit Street
Concord NH 03301
Phone: (603) 271-9254
Fax: (603) 271-6702
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am – 4 pm Excluding State Holidays