The State of New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as the single state Medicaid agency is seeking Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver authority from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to support the comprehensive reform of its Medicaid program. The initiatives proposed within this "Building Capacity for Transformation" section 1115 Demonstration Waiver will include improvements to the delivery of mental health, physical health, substance use disorder (SUD), oral health, and population health programs and services. New Hampshire requests authority to recognize costs not otherwise matchable from local and state health expenditures to implement these programs. The freed up state and local funding would provide needed financial assistance to pursue meaningful delivery system reforms that will help improve the New Hampshire health care system.
This page contains material developed by the Department regarding its application for a Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver. Contents include public notices, draft application documents, and dates, times, and locations for related public hearings. To learn more about Section 1115 Demonstration Waivers, please visit the CMS website.
To submit public comments regarding the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services "Building Capacity for Transformation" Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver electronically, please e-mail your comments to email@example.com.
Public Information Session
- Building Capacity for Transformation, Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver Public Information Session, 12/19/2014
Public Comment Period
- Building Capacity for Transformation Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver Application Addendum, 06/30/2014
- Building Capacity for Transformation Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver Application Amendment, 2/25/2015
- Building Capacity for Transformation, Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver, Public Hearing Presentation, 05/12/2014
- Public Hearing #1
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Time: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 PM
Location: New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Public Health Services
29 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
- Public Hearing #2
Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC), Open to the Public
Monday, May 12, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 PM
Location: New Hampshire Hospital Association
125 Airport Road
Concord, NH 03301
- Public Notice for Proposed Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver Application, 04/21/2014
- Abbreviated Public Notice for Proposed Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver Application
- An Approach to New Hampshire Health Care Reform and NH’s "Building Capacity for Transformation" Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver, 04/21/2014
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.