Building Capacity for Transformation:
New Hampshire DSRIP Waiver Program
On January 5, 2016 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved New Hampshire's Section 1115 Research and Demonstration Transformation Waiver, #11-W-00301/1 to access new federal funding to help transform its behavioral health delivery system. The Transformation Waiver has four main targets:
- Deliver integrated physical and behavioral health care that better addresses the full range of individuals' needs
- Expand capacity to address emerging and ongoing behavioral health needs in an appropriate setting
- Reduce gaps in care during transitions across care settings by improving coordination across providers and linking patients with community supports.
- Move fifty percent of Medicaid reimbursement to alternative payment models by the end of the demonstration period
By providing funding to support delivery system transformation—rather than to cover the costs of specific services rendered by providers—the waiver will enable health care providers and community partners within a region to form relationships focused on transforming care. This funding will also provide prompt resources for combatting the opioid crisis and strengthening the state's strained mental health delivery system.
In addition to the information provided on this and related pages, visit the CMS website to learn more about Section 1115 Demonstration Waivers.
To submit public comments regarding the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services "Building Capacity for Transformation" Section 1115 Transformation Waiver, please e-mail your comments to 1115Waiver@dhhs.nh.gov.
NH DSRIP Overview Slide Deck
Draft Project Plan Template
- DHHS is seeking public comment and feedback on this project plan and will accept comments and feedback until July 29. Please submit feedback on the draft project plan template to: 1115Waiver@dhhs.nh.gov
- Draft Project Plan Template
- I.A. June 6th Presentation
- Survey for individuals who attended the Independent Assessor Introduction Webinar
Frequently Asked Questions
Draft Protocols Submitted to CMS
- NH DSRIP Planning Protocol - Draft Submission to CMS (Word Version )
- NH DSRIP Program Funding and Mechanics Protocol - Draft Submission to CMS (Word Version )
- Final Protocols Approved by CMS (July 20, 2016)
- Transformation Waiver Approval (January 5, 2016)
- Transformation Waiver Expenditure
- Transformation Waiver Terms
Other Supporting Documents
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Excel format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.