Building Capacity for Transformation:
New Hampshire DSRIP Waiver Program
On January 5, 2016 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved New Hampshire's Section 1115 Research and Demonstration Transformation Waiver, #11-W-00301/1 to access new federal funding to help transform its behavioral health delivery system. The Transformation Waiver has four main targets:
- Deliver integrated physical and behavioral health care that better addresses the full range of individuals' needs
- Expand capacity to address emerging and ongoing behavioral health needs in an appropriate setting
- Reduce gaps in care during transitions across care settings by improving coordination across providers and linking patients with community supports.
- Move fifty percent of Medicaid reimbursement to alternative payment models by the end of the demonstration period
By providing funding to support delivery system transformation—rather than to cover the costs of specific services rendered by providers—the waiver will enable health care providers and community partners within a region to form relationships focused on transforming care. This funding will also provide prompt resources for combatting the opioid crisis and strengthening the state's strained mental health delivery system.
In addition to the information provided on this and related pages, visit the CMS website to learn more about Section 1115 Demonstration Waivers.
To submit public comments regarding the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services "Building Capacity for Transformation" Section 1115 Transformation Waiver, please e-mail your comments to [email protected].
NH DSRIP Evaluation Design
Per CMS requirements, New Hampshire must conduct an independent evaluation of the DSRIP demonstration and submit an evaluation design to CMS for approval. The purpose of the evaluation is to determine whether the NH DSRIP Demonstration was effective in achieving its goals. To submit public comments regarding the NH DSRIP Evaluation Design, please e-mail your comments to [email protected]. Public comments will be received through 12/1/2016.
NH DSRIP Overview Slide Deck
Project Plan Template
- In response to requests received by the Department for an additional opportunity to comment on the DRAFT IDN Project Plan Template, we welcome comments until Thursday, August 11, 2016 at noon. Please submit feedback on the draft project plan template to: [email protected]
- Project Plan Template
- NH DSRIP Project Plan Supplemental Data Workbook
- Project Plan Template Questions
- Project Plan Point Values
- I.A. June 6th Presentation
- Survey for individuals who attended the Independent Assessor Introduction Webinar
Frequently Asked Questions
- DSRIP Frequently Asked Questions, as of June 17, 2016
(Includes questions from IDN Administrative Leads)
- Final Protocols Approved by CMS (August 1, 2016)
- Transformation Waiver Approval (January 5, 2016)
- Transformation Waiver Expenditure
- Transformation Waiver Terms
- Approach to Allowable Uses of DSRIP Funds Received by Approved IDNs (August 1, 2016)
Other Supporting Documents
- Integrated Delivery Network Lead Agencies
- List of Towns In Each IDN Region
- List of Medicaid Members by Town
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Excel format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free reader from Microsoft.