skip navigation Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Families & Children Women Teens Adults Seniors People with Disabilities


Payee: The person that receives support payments once an order is issued by the court.

As the Payee, you are the main source of information. Please provide us with as much information as possible pertaining to the other party.

  • Employer
  • Address
  • Assets
  • Family members or other contacts

How will I receive my support payments?
You are required to choose from the following payment options:

  • Direct Deposit: Direct deposit is an easy and safe way to receive support payments. Payments are sent automatically to an existing bank account. To sign up and learn more, visit DCSS Direct Deposit Enrollment


  • New Hampshire Debit MasterCard®: The New Hampshire Debit MasterCard is a secure and convenient way to receive support payments using a prepaid New Hampshire Debit MasterCard. Payments are electronically posted to the card providing immediate access to your support funds.
    • If you have questions about your card or account call 1-844-893-3127
    • Important: Unspent Funds on your EppiCard are still valid. Please spend these funds first.
    • For assistance with the Way2Go Card, please call 1-844-893-3127 or visit
    • For assistance with the original EPPICard please call 1-877-246-1311 or visit

If you do not select a payment option within 2 weeks of receiving your electronic enrollment package, you will be enrolled in The New Hampshire Debit MasterCard program. For questions related to the NH Debit MasterCard Card enrollment process call 1-866-752-0040.

To report a lost or stolen New Hampshire Debit MasterCard

For Way2Go Cards, call 1-844-893-3127
For EppiCards, call 1-877-246-1311

DCSS Child Support Worker and Attorney Responsibilities: DCSS Child Support Worker and Attorney Responsibilities: The DCSS Attorney or Child Support worker assigned to your case represents the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (Department) and does not represent you or your child(ren). The DCSS attorney or worker acts on behalf of the Department to establish paternity; to establish, enforce, and modify child and medical support orders; and (if applicable) to obtain repayment for TANF provided for your child(ren).

Assignment of Rights to Current Child Support: If you receive public assistance in the form of a TANF cash grant, you are required to cooperate with DCSS in establishing and enforcing support. Some medical assistance programs also require you to cooperate with DCSS. So long as you are receiving benefits, DCSS will retain support collected on behalf of the dependents to reimburse the assistance paid to you.

Can I accept payments direct from the payor?
Direct Payments: Direct Payment is the term used to describe when the Payor gives the support money to the Payee without sending it through DCSS.

If support is ordered payable through DCSS, you need to keep track of any direct payments you receive so that proper credit can be given to the Payor once your case is set up. Once you receive notice that your case is open, all payments must be submitted to the Child Support Regional Processing Center. The Payor or his employer will receive notice with instructions for submitting payments. If direct payments are made after the case is set up, credit may not be given to the payor.

$35 Annual Fee: Beginning each fiscal year on October 1st, an Annual Service Fee Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol of $35.00 is deducted from payments received in your case(s) after $550.00 has been collected and disbursed to you. The fee is not charged if you have ever received TANF Public Assistance on behalf of the dependents in your care. If you have multiple cases, the fee is charged in each case.

How do I report updated information to DCSs?
e-ChildSupport Register for an e-ChildSupport Account! Enjoy easy access to your case specific information. You can submit updates for address, employers, personal information and the children using e-ChildSupport. You can also send messages to your worker

How do I contact the Central Information Unit?
Send an email to us from our Webpage.

When completing the email form, please include your full name and case number or last four digits of your Social Security Number in the body of your message. To better serve you, be as specific as you can in the subject line. (For example: New Employer or Missed Payment or New Address for Payor.) We make every effort to respond as quickly as possible to emails.

The DCSS Central Information Unit can also be reached toll free in NH at 1-800-852-3345, extension 4427 or (603) 271-4427. Please know this number receives a high volume of calls and voice mail messages are not permitted.

You can write to the DCSS Central Information Unit at:

Division of Child Support Services
Central Information Unit
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Fax: (603) 271-4787

How do I report my change of Address?
Complete the Change of Address Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol and fax/mail it to your District Office or the Central Information Unit, or

Register for an e-ChildSupport account and submit your change of address online.

What can I expect during the establishment process?
Paternity & Support Order Establishment Process

What can I expect during the enforcement process?
Case Enforcement Information

Did any money post to my case?
Call The Voice Response System at 1-800-371-8844. This automated system provides payment information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Information is updated nightly Monday through Thursday (not including holidays). Voice Response gives you the amount of the current payment and additional information based on the options you choose.

How long can I receive child support?
Pursuant to RSA 461-A-14, New Hampshire Child Support is payable until the dependent turns 18 or is out of high school, whichever occurs later; becomes married or a member of the armed services; is declared legally dependent beyond that age due to mental or physical disability; or otherwise ordered by the court.

Your court order will not change as each dependent emancipates unless you have a "per child" order or bring your order back to court.

Child Support Orders issued in another state may be payable longer. You can check the Federal Office of Child Support's Intergovernmental Website for other state's regulations for age of majority.

How do I change my court order?
Support orders can only be changed by petitioning the court that issued the original support order if:

  • three years have passed since the date of the most recent order for support or
  • there has been a substantial change in circumstances

DCSS has created this "Modification Kit" Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol to help people who are not lawyers (or choose not to hire a lawyer) petition the Court for a change in the amount of their support order.

The Federal Office of Child Support has an interactive map providing links to each state for detailed information on how to change orders that originated in another state.

Child Support Calculator: Support is based on the NH Child Support Guidelines. The Child Support Calculator is an online tool that can help estimate the amount of payment based on financial obligations, income, number of children to receive support and the guidelines equation. To learn more or to receive a payment estimate, visit the Child Support Calculator.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

Translate this page


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3852

copyright 2016. State of New Hampshire