skip navigation Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Families & Children Women Teens Adults Seniors People with Disabilities
A delinquent in New Hampshire is defined as an individual under the age of 17 who commits an offense that if committed by an adult would be the equivalent of a felony or misdemeanor crime.

Reporting Juvenile Delinquency

In most instances, juvenile complaints should be reported to a law enforcement agency for investigation. All crimes should be reported to the police. In the case of an emergency, dial 911.

Missing and Runaway Children

In the case of missing or runaway children, the parent or guardian should report the child to the police as soon as possible so that the police can assist in locating the child before the child is harmed or victimized. Police have the resources to share information nationwide with other law enforcement agencies in order to locate missing and runaway children. Depending upon where you live, call your local police department, the state police or the county sheriff. In the case of an emergency, dial 911.

Translate this page


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3852

copyright 2016. State of New Hampshire