skip navigation Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Families & Children Women Teens Adults Seniors People with Disabilities

Kids playingNew Hampshire RSA 141-C:20-c states that a child may be exempt from required school and child care immunization if:

  • A licensed physician or authorized health care provider certifies that immunization against a particular disease may be detrimental to the child's health. The exemption shall exist only for the length of time, in the opinion of the physician, such immunization would be detrimental to the child. An exemption from immunization for one disease shall not affect other required immunizations. This is a Medical Exemption.
  • A parent or legal guardian objects to immunization because of religious beliefs. The parent or legal guardian shall sign a notarized form stating that the child has not been immunized because of religious beliefs. This is a Religious Exemption.

To be granted Religious Exemption, the following form is required to be completed and submitted to the appropriate school administrator or school health official.

State of NH Certificate of Religious Exemption Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol

Exclusion During Outbreak of Disease
During an outbreak of a communicable disease for which immunization is required, children with an exemption may be excluded from the school or childcare agency threatened by the communicable disease, if recommended by the NH Division of Public Health Services.

If you have questions please call the NH Immunization Program at 603-271-4482.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

Translate this page


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3852

copyright 2016. State of New Hampshire