skip navigation Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Families & Children Women Teens Adults Seniors People with Disabilities

Couple CookingThe Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is a nutrition program that provides free food and nutrition information to promote good health for Seniors age 60 and over.

Income guidelines for seniors 60 years and older are 130% of poverty guidelines, and change every year in April.

Foods provided on CSFP change monthly, and usually include the following food items:

  • Canned vegetables
  • Cereal
  • Cheese
  • Fruits
  • Juice
  • Meat
  • Milk
  • Pasta

Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
CSFP seniors 60 years and older are eligible to receive fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables from NH farmers during July and August. Bags or boxes of fresh produce are distributed at more than 70 CSFP clinic locations throughout the State.

CSFP agencies provide recipes, cookbooks, and nutrition information for seniors and families on how to prepare the foods, as well as information for seniors with special dietary needs.

Services are available statewide at community agencies. Call the State CSFP at (800) 942-4321 for more information or to find the agency closest to where you live.

CSFP/SFMNP Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.

Translate this page


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3852

copyright 2016. State of New Hampshire