skip navigation Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
Families & Children Women Teens Adults Seniors People with Disabilities
DHHS Home > Office of Operations Support > Child Care Licensing Unit >
How Do I File a Complaint Against a Child Care Facility?

The Child Care Licensing Unit will investigate complaints:

  • That are based upon first-hand knowledge or on information reported directly by a child who has first-hand knowledge;
  • When there is sufficient specific information for the department to determine that the allegation(s), if proven to be true, would constitute a violation of any Child Care Licensing Rule or Law;
  • That involve an incident that occurred within the last 6 months; or
  • That involve an incident that occurred anytime if the complaint alleges physical injury or abuse; verbal, or emotional abuse; or the danger of physical injury to one or more children.

If you have a question about a child care program or if you are not sure if your concern meets the complaint criteria, please contact us.

Child Care Licensing Unit Contact Information

Child Care Licensing Unit
NH Department of Health & Human Services
129 Pleasant Street
Concord NH 03301
Telephone: (603) 271-9025 or (800) 852-3345, ext. 9025

Visit the Child Care Search web site to view information about licensing NH child care programs.

Translate this page


New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH | 03301-3852

copyright 2016. State of New Hampshire