Services are available to all NH state government employees and their family members. The EAP liberally defines family member to include significant people in the lives of employees. A family member is extended the same rights of confidentiality as the employee, and of course, the program is voluntary for family members as well.
Costs to use EAP Services
There is no cost to you or your family members to use EAP.
How we can help
EAP Specialists can provide help for a wide range of concerns from a simple request for information to helping with the following issues:
- marital and family problems
- elder care and child care
- legal problems
- health management
- drug or alcohol problems
The EAP's main office is on the grounds of the Governor Hugh Gallen Office Park. A counseling room is also available at 29 Hazen Drive. EAP Specialists will also travel to you.
Use of Employee Benefits for Services
- Three hours of administrative leave per year is available to employees for EAP appointments.
- The use of administrative leave must be coordinated with a supervisor prior to a meeting with an EAP Specialist. However, you are not required to give the reason for the appointment.
- If you choose not to use administrative leave, EAP Specialists will meet you before or after work or during a lunch break. Authorized use of annual, sick or bonus leave may also be used for EAP services.
- When you accept a referral to a community service, making arrangements for taking leave from work is your responsibility.