The purpose of this EAP is to deliver comprehensive, quality services to three target groups: employees/family members, supervisory personnel, and the organization as a whole. The goal of the program is to allow early access to assistance so human and financial loss can be kept to a minimum for both the employee and the employer.
The following services are provided and tailored to address individual and group needs:
- Drug/Alcohol Testing Ancillary – for individuals who test positive for a substance and must meet Federal mandates of assessment, treatment and follow up to return to safety-sensitive duties and maintain a commercial driver's license.
- EAP Lending Library – has material covering a wide range of topics. Videos, books, pamphlets, and audiocassettes can be borrowed by employees and family members. A directory of materials is available.
- Educational Training – is designed to enhance well being and improve productivity. Presentations on behavioral topics are directed toward employees on all organizational levels.
- Employee Orientation – Presentations detail the core components of the EAP and the practical approach to accessing it. Orientations are available at all work sites. Information about EAP is a part of new employee orientations and ongoing employee education in many agencies.
- Group Work – Facilitated discussions, support groups, networking groups and psychoeducational groups are developed based on the identified need of the group.
- Mediation – as an alternative for dispute/conflict resolution is provided by training mediators.
- Newsletter Articles – Twelve health/wellness newsletter articles are provided for reprinting in agency publications. Articles on specific topics may also be requested throughout the year.
- Problem Identification – a process initiated in a confidential meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to clearly identify the problem(s), and, when necessary, make a referral to the most appropriate community professional for additional services.
- Referral – to appropriate resources in order to connect clients with the type and level of assistance needed can result in the fast and economical resolution of the problem(s). EAP staff will review insurance coverage, payment obligations and alternate resources with clients on an individual basis.
- Short-Term Problem Resolution – in the form of counseling is utilized to maintain and increase an individual's/group's functioning in the workplace or personal life. Plans are tailored to meet the needs of the individual/group.
- Trauma Debriefings – are services for individuals or groups who have experienced a traumatic event in or out of the workplace. Debriefing provides a structured environment for participants to discuss thoughts and feelings about the incident and to gain information on normal reactions to it.