305.13 Qualified Aliens Eligible Without Restriction (FAM)
The following categories of qualified aliens are eligible without restriction, if all other eligibility criteria are met:
• noncitizens in military service;
• refugees, from date of entry into the U.S. with such status;
• asylees, from date of INS action to grant asylum;
• Cuban/Haitian Immigrants from date of entry into the U.S. with such status;
• Amerasian Immigrants; and
• noncitizens whose deportation is being withheld, from the date of INS action to withhold deportation; and.
• MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY ONLY: COFA Migrants: A citizen of the Freely Associated (COFA) States of: the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau.
Exception: Certain American Indians are eligible for medical assistance without restriction regardless of whether they are qualified aliens. See Section 305.11, Eligibility for Certain Qualified Aliens.
References: He-W 601.01He-W 601.05, He-W 606.02, He-W 616.02, 8 CFR 1.2, 8 CFR 101.1, 8 CFR 215.1(a), 45 CFR 233.50, 20 CFR 618.876, 8 USC 1158, 8 USC 1255, 8 USC 1611-1613, 8 USC 1641