NH Medicaid Program
NH Medicaid is a federal and state funded health care program that serves a wide range of needy individuals and families who meet certain eligibility requirements. The program works to ensure that eligible adults and children have access to needed health care services by enrolling and paying providers to deliver covered services to eligible recipients.
Covered Medical Services
Medicaid provides payment for health care services ranging from routine preventive medical care for children to institutional care for the elderly and disabled. Covered services can include:
The program also covers services for developmentally disabled individuals and persons with acquired brain disorders, as well as services at community mental health centers.
For more information about dental services, view the Dental Services – NH Smiles Program page.
For service limitations and prior authorization requirements, please see New Hampshire Medicaid Services (Form 77L)
Please find recipient notices about benefit changes below.
- Important Notice About Medicaid Service Limits (02/01/2012)
Am I eligible for Medicaid?
- Contact the NH Medicaid Program - Use this link to contact the NH Medicaid Program with questions about assistance or client services.
|Find a dentist or a doctor in NH: (800) 852-3345, ext 4344 or (603) 271-4344|
|Transportation services in NH: (800) 852-3345, ext 3770 or (603) 271-3770|
|Translator/Interpreter services in NH: (800) 852-3345, ext 8361 or (603) 271-8361|
|Children with special needs in NH: (800) 852-3345, ext 4525 or (603) 271-4525|
|Questions about medical bills in NH: (800) 852-3345, ext 4344 or (603) 271-4344|
|Questions about benefits in NH: (800) 852-3345, ext 4344 or (603) 271-4344|
|Hearing impaired (for all services):||(800) 735-2964|
If you do not have a telephone, mail your request for assistance to:
NH DHHS CHAP Unit
Links to Helpful Information
- Copayments in Standard Medicaid Remaining at $1 and $2 in 2016
- Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) Program
- Medicaid for Employed Adults with Disabilities (MEAD) - the MEAD program is a Medicaid eligibility coverage group that allows qualified adults with disabilities who work to enroll in the Medicaid program or continue their Medicaid coverage.
- Medical Assistance
- Medicare Part D
- Prescription Drug Coverage Pharmacy Benefits Management - All recipients of the NH Medicaid program have access to prescription drug coverage. Co-pay rates apply.
- Transportation Services
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.