NH DHHS Announces Additional Potential Community Exposures Connected To Positive Case Of COVID-19 At A Restaurant In Atkinson
Concord, NH – The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is investigating potential community exposures related to a person with confirmed COVID-19 at Atkinson Resort & Country Club located at 85 Country Club Drive, Atkinson, NH 03811. DHHS has determined that potential community exposure occurred in the Merrill’s Tavern and Stagecoach Grille areas on the following dates and times:
- Saturday, October 24, 2020 from 11:00 am to 11:30 pm
- Sunday, October 25, 2020 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Monday, October 26, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 9:45 pm
- These potential exposure dates are in addition to the exposures in the in the bar and tavern area of Merrill’s Tavern on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, from 12:00 to 7:30 pm, and Thursday, October 22, 2020, from 12:00 to 11:30 pm.
DHHS has conducted contact investigations on cases associated with this potential community exposure and is notifying known close contacts directly. However, DHHS is making this public notification because there may be additional individuals at the location during those days and times who were exposed to the coronavirus and should monitor for symptoms and get tested.
COVID-19 can present with a wide range of symptoms including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell. Any person who develops new symptoms should stay home, limit their contact with others, immediately contact their healthcare provider and get tested for COVID-19.
Whether or not you are experiencing symptoms, multiple testing options throughout the State are available to potentially exposed individuals. For persons without health insurance or a primary care provider, testing is available and can be scheduled by calling (603) 271-5980 or through completing the online form at https://business.nh.gov/DOS_COVID19Testing.
COVID-19 continues to circulate in our communities, so all people need to protect themselves and help prevent further community spread, by:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others. This is known as social distancing.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information on COVID-19 in NH, please visit www.covid19.nh.gov.