Information and resources for the NH Medicaid (Medical Assistance) program, a federal and state funded health care program that serves a wide range of individuals and families who meet certain eligibility requirements.
Check back soon for the next event!
NH Medicaid (Medical Assistance) is a federal and state funded health care program that serves a wide range of individuals and families who meet certain eligibility requirements. The program works to ensure that eligible adults and children have access to needed health care services by enrolling and paying providers to deliver covered services to eligible recipients.
NH Medicaid provides payment for health care services ranging from routine preventive medical care for children to institutional care for the elderly and disabled. The program also covers services for developmentally disabled individuals and persons with acquired brain disorders, as well as services at community mental health centers. Covered services can include:
- home health
- rural health clinic
- prescription drugs
- physical therapy (PT)
- occupational therapy (OT)
- speech therapy
- adult medical day care
- medical transportation
- medical supplies
- durable medical equipment
- dental (for more information, see Dental Services – NH Smiles Program)
- interpreters for covered services
- advanced practice registered nurse (APRN)
- certified midwife
- private duty nursing
- family planning
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT)
- newborn home visits
- extended services to pregnant women
- personal care attendant
- vision care
- nursing facility
- home and community based care services
- hospice services
- substance use disorder treatment
For Members enrolled in Medicaid Fee For Service, see Medicaid Services (Form 77L) or visit the Medicaid Fee For Service page for service limitations and prior authorization requirements. Members enrolled in Medicaid managed care should contact their Medicaid Health Plan or visit the Medicaid Care Management page for more information.
Have more questions? The Program Fact Sheet gives basic information about eligibility, income, and resource requirements for various programs.
Interested in Applying?
To find out if you or your child are eligible for NH Medicaid, visit NH EASY. NH EASY is an EASY, fast, and secure way to look at and manage your benefits online. You may apply for all types of assistance we offer, including cash, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and child care.
- Contact the DHHS Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-844-ASK-DHHS (1-844-275-3447) (TDD Relay Access: 1-800-735-2964), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
- Contact your local District Office.
- Visit Related Resources for additional eligibility information.
Our Mailing Address is:
Division of Medicaid Services
NH Department of Health & Human Services
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Right to an Administrative Appeal Hearing