Indoor Smoking Act

How can I file an Indoor Smoking Act complaint?

According to the Indoor Smoking Act, you must first make your complaint to the person in charge of the facility. If this person is not willing to work with you on the issue, then submit an Indoor Smoking Act Complaint Form. In order to take action on a complaint, the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program (TPCP) must receive a completed:

Indoor Smoking Act Complaint Form: PDF format  | Word format 

Send the completed form by one of the following methods:

  • US mail to TPCP, 29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301
  • Electronically to
  • Fax to (603) 271-5318

Upon receiving a completed form, TPCP contacts the person in charge by phone to discuss the complaint (your name is confidential throughout this process). A follow up letter is sent to the person in charge of the facility requesting specific information about the facility and the smoking policy. The person in charge must respond in writing to TPCP within the timeframe designated in the administrative rule. At that time, TPCP decides whether an on-site inspection is necessary to determine compliance with the Indoor Smoking Act. Once the investigation is concluded, a letter of compliance or non-compliance is issued to the facility and the complainant receives a copy.


Law and Rules

NH Indoor Smoking Act, RSA 155:64 to 155:77

NH Indoor Smoking Rules, HeP 1900

For additional information on the Indoor Smoking Act or to find resources for tobacco prevention and cessation, email the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program at