NHCarePath: Long-term-care planning
Information and resources regarding long-term-care planning
What is planning for your future?
Planning for your future refers to the process of utilizing long term planning tools like wills, estate plans, advanced medical directives, and more so that you and your family are prepared for your long term care needs.
What is palliative care?
Palliative care is a type of treatment focused on the discomfort, symptoms and stress of serious illness. Palliative care works together with primary care services to prevent and ease suffering and improve the quality of life for individuals with severe life-limiting conditions.
Services and Supports for Planning for Your Future & Palliative Care
Here is an outline of some services and supports that can help you and your family plan for your future, helping you have the peace-of-mind to enjoy your life to the best of your abilities. Supports and services include:
- Advanced Care Planning Guide - is a detailed guide, specific to NH, for advance directives, living wills, and more provided by the Foundation for Healthy Communities NH.
- Center to Advance Palliative Care – is a resource for palliative care innovation, development and growth.
- Get Palliative Care – is a resource for information and access to palliative care services.
- The NH Circuit Court Probate Division – is a resource for forms, guidelines, and future planning.
- NH Hospice and Palliative Care Organization – is a state-wide organization dedicated to promoting excellence in care for those facing such life-limiting situations.
To obtain a hard copy of the Advanced Care Planning Guide, contact ServiceLink: